Finding affordable dental implants is something that many Americans are concerned — or have been concerned — about. Research reports that roughly 3 million people in the United States have dental implants, with the number of individuals who need dental implants steadily increasing by approximately 500,000 a year.
The United States dental implant market is thriving, with its market value currently hovering around $1 million and is expected to hit at least $5 billion b 2018. Research shows that about 178 million people in the country are actually missing at least one tooth. Clearly, this is a service that millions of Americans need. Read on for some useful info to know before you pick out who will be performing your implant procedure.
Finding Affordable Dental Implants in Your Area:
- One would assume that almost every dentist office would offer dental implant procedures, as it is clearly a much needed service in the country. However, this is not the case. In fact, only approximately 10% of all dentists in the United States actually offer the procedure. This means that finding a local dentist that will perform the procedure may require some time and effort.
- The best way to see if a dentist office has affordable dental implants is simply to ask a dentist. In the worse case scenario, he or she will probably be able to give you some advice or referrals on where to find a dentist that offers dental implants.
- The Internet can be a great place to find a dentist that offers affordable dental implants. Not only can you find out basic information such as the location and hours of the office, but accepted insurance policies and prices may also be available to check online.
- Upon finding a dentist that offers dental implant procedures, don’t be afraid to go in and ask questions. This is especially a good idea if you have any fears of sedation at the dentist — your dentist will walk you through the process and work to help with any issues you may have. You want to be comfortable with the dentist and the staff members.
- If you are really having a tough time finding dental implants within your budget, talk to your dentist about it. He or she will be able to check how much your insurance may cover and if it’s not that much, many offices are willing to wok out payments in installments for pricier procedures such as this.
Have you had any experiences trying to find affordable dental implants? Tell us about it in the comments below! More on this topic.