The field of cosmetic dentistry is rapidly growing in the United States. While most people are familiar with what a family dentist can provide, there may not be as much knowledge about what a cosmetic dentist or a sedation dentist can do. If you have ever wondered what a cosmetic dentist does and if they would help you, consider these facts:
1) Brighter Smiles A cosmetic dentist can perform procedures to whiten teeth. These procedures are increasingly popular and have grown by 300% over the last 5 years in the United States. A cosmetic dentist may use whitening procedures to brighten the overall appearance of a smile or to make natural teeth closer in color to any implants or crowns used to create a more uniform look. If you have ever looked in the mirror and wished for a whiter smile, a cosmetic dentist may be exactly what you need.
2) Dental Implants Dental implants, which replace severely damaged teeth, are becoming more and more prevalent. There are 3 million Americans with dental implants and this number continues to grow by 500,000 each year. Despite its growing popularity, however, only about 10% of dentists are qualified to provide dental implants, which means it may be hard to find a local dentist to fill this need. Cosmetic dentists specialize in procedures like dental implants and can help make sure that these implants look great and will last a lifetime.
3) Dentures Whether you need new dentures or just partial dentures, cosmetic dentists are able to help. Cosmetic dentists are keenly aware of the importance of a bright smile that does not come at the expense of the comfort of the patient. If dentures are the best option for your oral health, cosmetic dentists can help make sure that they look as natural and beautiful as possible.
4) Sedation Dentistry Sedation in dentistry is a growing trend. It allows patients to get the care they need, while easing anxiety and minimizing pain. Often, a cosmetic dentist may offer sedation dentistry for more involved procedures, such as dental implants. Make sure you do your research to understand what is available in your area.
5) Aging Beautifully Aging takes its toll on a person’s oral health. More than 30% of Americans over the age of 75 have no remaining natural teeth. This can be a source of discomfort and embarrassment, but a cosmetic dentist can help. Whether through dentures or dental implants, a cosmetic dentist can make sure that your smile remains shining and beautiful throughout your lifetime.
For more, read this link.