Your 17 year old daughter has a love hate relationship with her invisible aligners. She loves how they are quickly repositioning her teeth into the healthy smile that she desperately wants, she hates that she has to wear them at all. After nearly two years in traditional braces, she failed to follow through with the 12 months of retainer wear that she as assigned and the result was a shift in three teeth that damaged her current permanent retainer. Left with just a few options, which included everything from leaving the shifted teeth as their were to wearing traditional braces again, you, your husband and daughter decided that the invisible aligners would be the best option. They cost a little more than the traditional braces, but the time for wearing them would be significantly less. Because you wanted to hold her accountable for her failure to follow the previous directions, you required her to chip in and pay for part of them herself.
The money more than anything was probably the biggest determining factor in the love hate relationship!
Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help You Get the Beautiful Smile That You Want
From best teeth whitening products to affordable dental implants, there are many procedures that can help patients get the look that they want. Even adults who have never worn braces before in their life are making the decision to wear invisible aligners to make sure that they are confident in their smile and how they look.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest services that cosmetic dentists offer:
- 3 million people in the U.S. have dental implants and that number continues to grow by as much as 500,000 a year.
- 82.5% of people saw a noticeable difference after having visiting a dentist to have their teeth whitened.
- 74% of Americans have some form of periodontal disease.
- 74% of adults feel an unattractive smile can hurt their chance for success in their career.
- As many as 25% of American adults avoid smiling due to the poor condition of their teeth and mouth.
Looking your best can help you make sure that you feel the most confident when you head out for a job interview, a day at work, or a date with a new special someone.