November 2015 2
When it comes to finding work, a properly-written resume can make potential employers sit up and take notice. During the job interview, however, employers are looking for well-dressed candidates with some experience in the field. Asking questions, having a firm handshake, and delivering positive work references can go a long way toward securing any position. There have been no formal studies on the subject, but most Americans believe one other factor can help them attain their career goals: a bright smile.
The vast majority of people do state that an attractive smile and up-to-date dental work is extremely important to them, and some even believe that the perfect smile can help them find their dream job. Surprisingly, most American adults are missing at least a few teeth; “edentulism” is extremely comm (more…)
Getting professional dental care can be a polarizing topic. Some people love having their oral hygiene taken of for them, while others dread going to the dentist. No doubt one of the first questions a dentist will ask when they first see a patient is if you’ve been flossing. Teeth brushing may be the common standard in dental health, but the benefits of flossing basics cannot be overlooked. Here are three important reasons to floss daily (or at least semi-regularly).
1.) Plaque and Tartar Buildup: The most basic reason to add flossing to your daily oral care routine is because brushing you teeth simply doesn’t get everything. Brushing only cleans about 70% of your teeth. It’s important to floss to take care of the other 30%. (more…)
The Good Dentist
Find A Dentist
One of the most important parts of visiting the dentist is receiving a professional cleaning. Proper dental health for children can start as soon as a baby’s teeth first appear. Many parents find their children’s teeth start appearing at about four months. It’s imperative to keep children’s teeth lightly cleaned during these early stages. Eventually, [...]
Statistics show that 48% of those surveyed felt unhappy with their teeth. No one should go through life with teeth they are unhappy with. Many people visit their dentist to have a veneer created for them. A veneer is often a porcelain cover placed over a tooth. A veneer can be made to fit a [...]
More than 37 million people suffer from migraines in the U.S. The cause for many of these migraine sufferers is never found. Instead, people are forced to find ways to effectively deal with the pain. These are some of the most helpful migraine treatment methods. Visit your medical provider It is important to have chronic [...]
- Mouth breathing: Symptoms, complications, and treatment
What causes mouth breathing? When should a healthcare professional be consulted and what might the diagnosis be? How is mouth breathing treated? [...]
- Seven tips for wisdom teeth pain relief
Wisdom teeth often emerge in early adulthood and can cause a lot of pain as they push through the gums. We look at seven tips to relieve the pain. [...]
- Should we blame our genes for the bacteria behind tooth decay?
While human host genes may influence oral microbiome composition, it is unlikely that they control the bacteria that promote tooth decay, says a new s [...]
- Four effective gingivitis home remedies
Gingivitis is a condition that affects the gums. Learn about four home remedies for gingivitis, how to take them safely, and how to prevent gingivitis [...]
- Alcohol abuse, dental conditions & mental health found to be causes of avoidable US emergency visits
A recent study published in the International Journal for Quality in Health Care found that 3.5% of all emergency department visits analysed were [...]